Housekeeping in the Museum
What will you learn?
- What you need to consider when planning Housekeeping in the Museum
- What materials and equipment can be safely used near objects
- Appropriate methods of cleaning objects on open display
- How to create a Housekeeping Plan
- How to record Housekeeping results.
Who should attend?
Volunteers and paid staff who work with any sort of museum collection who would like to improve their skills and learn new techniques.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided but please bring your own lunch or eat at Wheal Martyn’s café.
Places for 20 delegates, with a maximum of 2 from each museum
Helena Jaeschke, ACR, is an accredited objects conservator who trained in archaeological conservation. As the Conservation Development Officer for the South West Museum Development Programme, she provides free advice and support for museums in the region.