Art Handling Training
What will the course focus on?
- Working environment and planning
- Hardware and Equipment
- Moving artworks (uncased and cased)
- Packing, soft wraps, travel frames, crates (including preparing works out for loan out)
- Installation, two-dimensional and three-dimensional works
- Installation files
- Packing notes
- Exhibition procedures
- Storing artworks
The three days consist of theory and practise, all three days must be attended.
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand methods for handling and moving artworks
- Know how to prepare your working environment to work efficiently, in an organised way
- Be able to pack and store artworks to Tate standard
Who is the Trainer?
Isabel Pina Ferreira, Senior Art Handling Principal Technician, Tate
How do I book a place?
Places must be booked in advance and are limited to 2 per Gallery/Museum. Only 12 places are available.
Directions to Tate St Ives, click this link www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-st-ives Head to the Barnoon staff entrance, rear of the gallery through the car park and press the intercom to gain entrance.
This training day has been provided by Cornwall Museums Partnership and the South West Museum Development Porgramme. It has been funded by Arts Council England through Museum Development and the Major Partner Museums programmes.
St Ives, TR26 1TG